HELP YOUR STUDENTS SUCCEED
- Parents: The AntiDrug - TheAntiDrug.com was created by the National Youth Anti-Drug Media Campaign to equip parents with the tools they need to raise drug-free kids. Working with the nation's leading experts in the fields of parenting and substance abuse prevention, TheAntiDrug.com serves as a drug prevention information center and a supportive community for parents to interact and learn from each other.
- Love and Logic - The Love and Logic Institute is dedicated to making parenting and teaching fun and rewarding, instead of stressful and chaotic. They provide practical tools and techniques that help adults achieve respectful, healthy relationships with their children. All of their work is based on a psychologically sound parenting and teaching philosophy called Love and Logic.
- The Internet Public Library from Univ of Michigan School of Information - Your public library goes 'cyber'. This site has all the resources you would expect to find at your public library including a kids section, info and resources just for teens, and more.
- StudySmart Parent Resources - Hints to make the most of your student's homework time; motivating underachievers; preparing for Final Exams; and more.
- ClassBrain.com - Homework tips for parents
- The 7 Myths of Instructional Rigor - Instructional rigor is one of the most discussed topics in education today. But there is much debate over what rigor is and is not. This article sheds light on this topic.
Read more at Suite101: The Seven Myths of Instructional Rigor | Suite101 http://suite101.com/article/the-seven-myths-of-instructional-rigor-a407235#ixzz2LI49bEwc
Follow us: @suite101 on Twitter | Suite101 on Facebook
- Helping Your Child Succeed in School from the US Dept of Education - In-depth article for parents who want to help their child succeed; includes activities for various ages.
- Helping Children Succeed in School from the Univ of Illinois Extension - This resource includes information on parental involvement, learning styles, test taking tips, parent-teacher communication and more.
- Guía de Recursos para las Familias Hispanas - Esta guía les indicará lo que debe esperar de sus escuelas, sus maestros y su hijo, en todas las edades y en todos los grados. Les indicará cómo ayudar a su hijo a completar sus estudios en la escuela, de qué recursos disponen, y las medidas que ustedes, su familia y su comunidad pueden tomar para ayudar a su hijo a aprender.
- A Guide to the ToolKit for Hispanic Families - in English